Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Hotfix
The 181375_ENU_i386_zip hotfix is used to fix the issue with Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services where the rdpclip.exe clipboard service causes an error with Microsoft Office on the local system.
The error Cannot Empty the Clipboard appears when trying to copy/paste using Excel or Word after making a Remote Desktop Connection to a Windows Server 2003 system.
You can find further information by following this article: Office 2003: Cannot Empty The Clipboard Error Message
This download (181375_ENU_i386_zip.exe) is provided free and without any guarantee that it will solve your problems.
You may however use it as you wish and distribute it freely to your friends and colleagues if it’s of some use.
If however it is useful and does solve your problem, it would be nice if you would link back to this site, leave a comment, follow us on twitter or just say Hi.
Download and Usage Instructions:
- Click the LIKE button below to reveal the download link.
- Click the download link and save the file to your desktop.
- Double-click the self extracting exe file to a folder of your choice.
- Locate the file WindowsServer2003-KB840872-x86-ENU.exe in the folder you extracted to and launch it.
- Follow the install to completion and then restart Windows.
Last Updated July 9th 2012 - Fixed broken links.