Windows XP SATA Drivers For Intel Chipsets
One of my readers recently left a comment stating that he had difficulty finding an Intel SATA driver for Windows XP for his HP Pavilion Notebook.
It is often difficult to find these drivers and in this case they were hidden in the Vista Chipset download!
These SATA drivers are suitable for the following (extracted from the readme.txt):
- Intel(R) 82801HEM SATA AHCI I/O Controller
- Intel(R) 82801HBM SATA AHCI I/O Controller
- Intel(R) 82801HR/HH/HO SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) 631xESB/632xESB SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) 82801GBM SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) 82801GR SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) 82801GH SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) 82801FBM SATA AHCI Controller
Note: Also includes RAID drivers for the same chipsets.
This download is provided free and without any guarantee that it will solve your problems.
You may however use it as you wish and distribute it freely to your friends and colleagues if it’s of some use.
- Click the LIKE button in the download area below. This will reveal the download link.
- Click the download link and save the file Intel_sata_8_series_drivers.EXE to your desktop.
- Double click the file and extract to a folder of your choice.
- You’ll find the driver INF and associated files in the folder.
- You can now use these drivers to create a bootable Windows XP CD as shown here.
If there are any broken links, incorrect information on this site or you have some valuable information to add to any article, please email me at comments [at] proposedsolution.com and I’ll update it a.s.a.p! Thanks!
Updated July 9th 2012 - Fixed download links.