Looking for SKU001.CAB?
When doing a number of things with Microsoft Office such as reinstalling it, repairing it, installing SP3, etc the error SKU001.CAB is missing may appear looking for a CD or other installation files.
It seems that even if you have the Microsoft Office files on your hard drive or if you insert your original CD that it still can’t find this cab file.
This error may also occur when simply launching any of the applications in Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel or Powerpoint particularaly after an crash or a previous update was applied which is very annoying indeed.
- When re-installing, repairing, upgrading or just launching an application from the Microsoft Office suite the error “SKU001.CAB is missing” appears.
This error is occurring because a registry entry is incorrectly set and setup is looking in the wrong place.
Solution - Change CDCACHE Registry Entry
- If you still have the error message on your screen then close down all open windows including the error so that you have no programs running.
- Click Start > Run
- Type regedit and hit ENTER or click OK
- You should see the navigation tree in the left pane. Navigate to the following keys:
- Inside the Delivery Key there should be one more key which is a long string of numbers for example:
- Click on the key and then you should see some entries in the right hand pane.
- Double click on the entry CDCache
- Change the value to 0
- Click OK and then exit the Registry and retry the MS Office installation.
Depending on your version of Microsoft Office the registry path may be different.
The above path and delivery key is only examples.
Yours will look similar but not necessarily identical. The important entry to find is the CDCACHE entry.