When you try to install Kaspersky Administration kit on a Windows PC or Server you may see a dialog box displaying a ‘Severe’ error message.
Restarting the installation or rebooting and then running the setup application again does not fix it.
The full text of the error is:
An error occurred while installing the application. Setup could not create the database.
We recommend that you restart your computer and run the setup application again. If the error persists, please contact your system administrator or Kaspersky Lab technical support service.
This problem occurs because the Microsoft SQL database name the user has chosen during the installation wizard already exists in some form on the system.
This may not be apparent by looking at the list of databases.
This has happened because either the user has attempted to install the administration kit previously and was unsuccessful or the user has created a database of the same name before.
Use a unique database name
- Abort the wizard if it is still running
- Restart the wizard and choose the same options that you did previously until you come to the Microsoft SQL step.
- Change the default database name to something unique such as KASPERSKY
- Click Next and continue with the wizard.
- The wizard should complete normally and create the database called KASPERSKY or whatever you called it.