- On Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.x) you are prompted to enter your VPN password even though you’ve previously saved it in the keychain
- You are using IPSec on the built in VPN client on Mac OS X Snow Leopard
This is caused by a problem with the Keychain Access item for the VPN IPSec connection. A two minute fix will sort it out for you.
- Launch Keychain Access by clicking Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access
- On the left upper pane, under Keychains select System
- On the left lower, under Category select All Items
- On the right side of the screen scroll to the bottom and locate the two items called VPN(IPSec)
- Double-click the VPN(IPSec) whos kind is IPSec XAuth Password
- Click the Access Control button/tab. The applications permitted to use this keychain item will be displayed below. If you’re prompted for your password, enter it.
- Click the plus (+) sign
- When the Finder window appears, press Cmd + Shift + G on your keyboard
- When the Go To Folder dialog appears, enter /usr/libexec
- Click Go
- When the /usr/libexec folder appears scroll to configd, select it and click Add
- Click Save Changes
- Close Keychain Access and try connecting to your VPN again