In iWeb the page title (the text that appears at the top of the browser window) cannot be set easily within iWeb itself.
- When you publish your website that was designed iWeb the page title defaults to the text at the top of your first page.
- Changing the Page Name through the Inspector has no effect on the Page Title in the browser
- In iWeb, open the page you wish to set the title for by selecting it in the left hand navigator
- When the page appears, click ‘Web Widgets’ at the bottom followed by HTML Snippet
- Paste the following text into the box that appears:
- Change the text “My Page Title” to whatever you would like as your page title
- Click ‘Apply’ and then move the little box that was created up to the top left hand corner of your page to get it out of the way
- Save & Publish your web site
- Now your page title should appear as you have set above
- For your other web pages, you can just copy and paste the little box to all the other pages