OfficeAddin for MS Word
After installing Lotus Notes 8 or greater including the Sametime component you will notice that a new toolbar called OfficeAddin has been added to your Microsoft Word application.
Very annoyingly, this toolbar also does not want to go away easily so much so that right-clicking and de-selecting it makes it disappear for just a minute and even going into toolbars and selecting Delete will only make it disappear until you restart Word.
This article will tell you how to get rid of it for good! Well, at least until you install Lotus Notes or an upgrade to Lotus Notes again. 🙂
And if you do, just repeat this process.
Through a combination of forced registry entries and a windows DLL the OfficeAddin toolbar keeps re-appearing in Word after each restart.
Luckily we can get rid of it quite easily by following the solution below.
- Close Microsoft Word (if it’s open)
- Right click the Start button > Click Explore
- In Windows Explorer, browse to c:\notes\framework\brokerbridge
- On the right hand pane, locate the file OfficeAddin.dll
- Right click on OfficeAddin.dll and rename to OfficeAddin.old
- Close Windows Explorer
- Start Microsoft Word and verify that the toolbar is gone!
- Please Help other’s by sharing this article by using the Share/Save buttons below.